Hi everyone and welcome to our November newsletter. We seem to be racing to the end of the calendar year with Christmas only 6 weeks away!
In this issue we have:
- Software Updates
- Accounting Integrations
- Single Touch Payroll
- Custom Solutions - Quote Lost Report
- From the Support Desk
- Supercars - Newcastle 500
We are expecting an update from Development-X within the month. This update will contain:
- Enhancements to Freeway's B2B fnctionality
- Multiple Units of Measure in Freeway Sales Ordes
- Integration with Reckon Hosted
- Update to Freeway App
- Improved performance when scanning 1000+ Assembly Steps or Job Tasks (down from 20 sec to 1 sec)
- Improved constraint scheduling performance when dealing in minutes instead of hours
- Servicing multiple assets in one job
Reckon Accounts Hosted
As mentioned above, Development-X are about to release their integration of Ostendo with Reckon Hosted. This has been a long time coming and will allow those client's who have previously used Reckon Hosted to return to the hosted environment. It also enables those client's who want their file hosted the opportunity to do so.
Development-X are well on the way to providing accounting integration with QuickBooks Online (referred to in the market as QBO). We see this product as a good option to Xero as it is half the cost, has a stronger payroll solution and has double the transaction limits. More about this next month...
Employers with 20 or more employees will need to report using Single Touch Payroll (STP) from 1 July 2018. You will need to report payments such as salaries and wages, pay as you go (PAYG) withholding and super information directly to the ATO from your payroll solution at the same time you pay your employees.
Tax File Declarations, Payment Summaries and Employer Reconciliation Summaries (EMPDUPE) will all be a thing of the past under STP.
What do I need to know?
- Conduct a head count on 1 April 2018 (this is not FTE)
- Update your payroll solution - all Vendors will be providing updates early in 2018
- Start reporting from the first payrun commencing 1 July 2018
Our team will be releasing a detailed fact sheet in the coming weeks so stay tuned.
Quote Lost Report
The Quote lost report was designed to provide a summary of the reasons for losing quotes and to better understand the uniqueness of customers in high volume quoting. The report is able to be filtered by Date, Customer, and Region. Please contact our team if this report is of interest to you.
Please remember requests sent directly to staff's e-mail addresses are not covered by our Support service level agreement (SLA). There is always a minimum of one team member monitoring tickets when they are logged into our system via email@example.com
Support Tips for the Month
- Global Name Change - Care needs to be taken when performing a global name change of customer assets. We have found an issue where the name is not updated in one specific table. This will be rectified in Update 231. Please contact our team before changing asset names.
- Crypto Ransomware - in the past month two clients have been infected with Crypto ransomware. One was able to stop the encryption process through the use of a "Canary" application on their server which alerted their external IT within 15mins mitigating the effect. The other client was not so lucky and lost everything. The backups were also encrypted which meant reverting back to old files sitting on various computers. We cannot stress enough how important it is to have a disaster recovery plan which covers hardware failure, loss of power and loss of data.
As some of you might be aware, November is normally the month when the Movember organisation does its annual fund raising to support men's health issues. This year two members of our software team, Michael and Aaron, are participating. If you would like to make a donate or just have a good laugh, why not pop over to their Movember pages:
Michael - https://mobro.co/13638623?mc=1
Aaron - https://mobro.co/13639036?mc=1
Newcastle is hosting the final round of the V8 Supercar Championship from 24th to 26th November. Our Newcastle office backs onto the circuit which will make it extremely difficult for staff to get to our Newcastle office on Friday 24th November. As a result, we have made the decision for all staff to work from home on 24/11/2017 with reduced support hours. All supported clients will be able to access our support services from 8:30am to 3:00pm ADST. A reminder e-mail will be sent closer to the event with an after hours emergency contact number.
Till next month, if you have any questions, concerns or need any advice, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Your dedicated Cutcher & Neale Software Team
Michael, Aaron, Michelle, Hannah and Steve